The main goals of the Administrative Core are to provide overall leadership for the UW CLEAR Center, to manage the financial aspects of the Center, to provide communication and outreach to musculoskeletal researchers and to evaluate the success of our efforts.
The primary goal of the Administrative Core is to support and coordinate the Center’s activities.
- Provide oversight and leadership focused on furthering the overall goal of the Center, transforming clinical data for musculoskeletal research.
- Support the individual Cores (Methodology and Resource) in achieving their aims by assisting with managing personnel and budgets.
- Coordinate/integrate the complex portfolio of activities including tracking goals and progress and providing feedback to the Methodology and Resource Cores.
- Evaluate the success of the Center’s activities and consider new directions and goals.
- Organize and convene regular meetings of both the Internal Steering Committee as well as the External Advisory Committee (EAC).
- Communicate the available resources and progress of the Center to the broad musculoskeletal research community and thereby attract new and established investigators within and outside UW to join the community.
- Oversee the Visiting Scientist Program, an annual invited distinguished outside researcher.
Administrative Core Leadership and Staff:
Director – Jeffrey G. Jarvik, MD, MPH
Associate Director – Patrick J. Heagerty, PhD
Administrative Director – Kathryn James, PA, MPH
Project Manager – Sarah Lawrence, MA